Getting Your Energy Spring CleanedMar 01, 2021
By Ambila Nath
Spring is almost here, you can feel it in the air. Automatically every cell in your body is getting ready to come out of winter hibernation in readiness for the sunshine and warmer weather.
Winter is a wonderful time of curling up, warm winter fires, or just cosying by the TV with loved ones. But NOW we need to shed this energy - like a snake shedding its skin. We need to get ourselves and the energies around us moving.
We are all energy and so is every object we hold and the situations we have brought into our lives. We are surrounded by both positive and negative energy, and it’s these negative stagnant energies that we need to move on from. This is the best time to let go and allow ourselves to open the doors and windows (literally as well as metaphorically speaking) to create our new life.
So, our aim is to bring new power, vitality and force to our year.
You don’t need to be greatly spiritual or even understand what energies are in order to reap the benefits of what you can open up to and bring into your life. By following all (or some) of these things you will shift movement back into your life and you will see it in the environment around you and feel it in your body/emotions - being lighter, brighter and happier. THAT is energy!
So, the question now becomes, how do you go about it? How do you go about changing yourself, your life and your environment? How do you start when you’re facing a mountain of clutter, and another mountain of commitments as well as piles of files, mail, email and other digital information?
The answer is to simply make a start. Keep it simple and just take it a step at a time. Before you know it, the work is done!
Let’s break down all the areas in your life that you can pick and choose from. Know that you will subconsciously only be attracted to declutter the areas of your life that you are ready to let go of.
If you find that there are parts that you are not ready to work on just yet - that is because there is a greater amount of resistance within you to those and you may need to do more work to make those shifts happen.
Our bodies, mind, spirit and environment are all a reflection of the pain and sorrow that we are holding onto. It’s pain that we do not want to face or have hidden so deep into our subconsciousness, but it begins to show up – visibly - in our external life. It’s just a choice of whether we are ready to acknowledge and see it. It can be seen in things like:
- The weight we carry on our bodies
- How much clutter we have in our home/office
- The people in our lives who drain us, use us or disrespect us.
To help you on this journey I am going to break it down into two distinct areas. To get you started, pick two areas that you are drawn to.
Shifting the energy in your environment can be a process of overwhelm but also so much fun. It’s about how you look at things and what new things you want to create.
Declutter your desk/home/shelves/storage/wardrobes/garage/car - to mention a few. Look at every space you inhabit leaving no space unturned.
Breakdown the steps:
- Start with five minutes at a time. If you’re new to decluttering, you can slowly build momentum with just five minutes a day.
- Give one item away each day. This would remove 365 items every single year from your home. If you increased this to two per day, you would have given away 730 items you no longer needed. You can increase this number if it gets too easy.
- Donate clothes you never wear. To identify them, simply hang all your clothes with hangers in the reverse direction. After wearing an item, face the hanger in the other direction. Discard the clothes you never touched after a few months.
- Take the ‘12-12-12 Challenge’. Locate 12 items to throw away, 12 to donate and 12 to be returned to their proper home.
- View your home as a first-time visitor would. It’s easy to ‘forget’ what your home looks like to a new visitor. Enter your home as if you’re visiting the home of a friend. Write down your first impression on how clean and organised the home is and then make changes if you want.
- Use the ‘Four Box Method’. Get four boxes and label them: Bin, Give-away, Keep and Relocate. Enter any room in your home and place an item into one of the four boxes. Don’t skip a single item, no matter how insignificant you may think it is. This may take days, weeks or months, but it will help you to see how many items you really own and allow you to know exactly what to do with each one.
- Sometimes shifting energy is just a need to change and that can be done by simply moving furniture/objects in a room or getting rid of old furniture/stuff and buying new. You can also introduce new energy by painting and decorating rooms or furniture.
- The ultimate energy change is letting go of your home and moving to somewhere new.
You may be ready to shift your body in order to get and feel healthier and more energised. Look into doing a cleanse and becoming more conscious of the foods you are eating. Ensure that you are getting plenty of rest and a good amount of sleep. The aim of shifting your body’s energy is for you to feel better about yourself - it is not about having the body of a model (unless that’s what you want).
Our mind is a powerful machine and with that machine comes a lot of old file accumulations (negative beliefs and thoughts) that slows down our brain and energy; much like a computer that has never had its ‘bin’ cleared out. Yet at some point we do get around to cleaning out our computers of unwanted documents/programs, but we don’t really do that with our beliefs and thoughts. Why? Is it because no one has shown us?
Well, the process requires conscious work and once started it can be a powerful transition that pushes you and your life so far forward.
This involves letting go of people and situations that no longer serve you for who you are. This can be a hard one to do and it can take some time, and that’s OK. For some, this realisation is quick and so is the change, whereas for others it can take months or years to do. This is because when you let go of those people, you are also letting go of a part of you that is no longer allowing others to take advantage of you or to disrespect you. Letting go of these people enables you to grow in confidence and have love for yourself.
This process isn’t easy and that’s probably why people avoid it or do not do it often. Be kind to yourself; the importance of Spring Cleaning Your Energy, is about making the commitment to yourself and becoming conscious of and allowing energy to flow around you and your life.
Ambila Nath is a Spiritual lifestyle coach, serial entrepreneur, tarot reader, energy healer and a paid international speaker. She has worked with clients for over 2 decades helping them to build the life that they deserve by finding their life path, gaining self-confidence to just be themselves, starting successful businesses and trusting in love again.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason. Ever.